Sustainable Life App is seeking an amazing website and mobile app SAAS product developer! Our platform is all about sustainable living! Our app already exists on both Apple, Android and we have a rocking website. What we need is for someone to come aboard and help elevate our platform to the next level. Our previous developer will provide full training and be available to provide support and guidance for the chosen candidate throughout the internship.
This is an amazing opportunity to help create and maintain a product that will inspire change! We help consumers live a sustainable lifestyle and we provide businesses and brands with user analytics and an easy platform to connect with their consumers on a whole new level. Join us and help us build what will (hopefully) be a truly phenomenal platform!
This role is full of many different types of tasks and we will provide access to training + working with many types of technology platforms - What we feel will be a truly worthwhile internship experience.
You are a SAAS website and app developer and you’ll help Sustainable Life App expand our platform. You :
- - Are self-motivated
- - Are resourceful, encompass strong interpersonal skills and are a driven problem-solver
- - Are a detail oriented and organizational individual who can manage multiple tasks with ease
- - Are able to work independently on projects
- - Are able to collaborate as a team member to bring initiatives to light
- - Are interested in business and want to be a part of inspiring change
- - Have knowledge of + interest in using social media for good, being a mobile app user, listening to podcasts and in watching + helping create documentaries about sustainable consumption.
- - Have previous experience creating content, including social media captions, blog posts, photos, videos and press releases (or interest in learning how to) to name a few.
- - Have experience working with with marketing technology, creating marketing strategies (SEO + social media campaigns, etc.) + using social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), design programs (Canva), and CRMs (Hubspot).
- Strong, collaborative team and an informal, fast-paced start-up culture
- Rare opportunity to help make our platform continue to lead mobile sustainability initiatives
Our platform’s core values - 5 Factors for Sustainable Consumption™
- 1. Impact on Human Health
- 2. Environmental Impact
- 3. Respect for Human Rights
- 4. Respect for Animal Rights
- 5. Socio-Economic Worldview
What is Sustainable Life App? We are a map-based app (Apple & Android) connecting consumers with sustainable brands and businesses in their area. We’re all about #ShopLocal and #SupportSustainable. Our goal is to grow the app so that users can use it at home and while they travel to live in line with their core values.
The app features green businesses, eco-products, and services from many industries, including: eco travel options (hotels & tours), event venues, retail shops, grocery stores, local farms, cafés, restaurants, hair salons, spas and so much more!
To learn more visit: www.sustainablelifeapp.com
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Duties and Responsibilities
- - Help build our new database and launch 2 successful apps. One with in-app paid options and the other user-friendly with enabling/disabling notification abilities
- - Relevant app and website design skills
- - Automate testing for critical paths and key features
- - Deliver frequent, high-quality, thoroughly bug tested releases in a timely manner
- - Participate in product and feature planning to constructively solve problems quickly and communicate the results to the rest of the company
- - Report on progress and release schedules to the app founder and previous developer (doing training in the beginning and being around for support throughout)
Knowledge and Skills
- - Great communication skills
- - Ability to integrate backend with hub spot, google analytics, godaddy, google maps integrations, social media sign-ins and other integral software services connected to our platform.
- - Experience working with .net core, MVC and API using MS and SQL
- - Experience with TypeScript based mobile app frameworks such as react or ionic frameworks
- - Improve and enhance our existing native Website Database, Android and Apple SDK, including improving our pre-build integration UIs
- - A solid understanding of app architecture, MVC, & OO design principles
- - Experience with multi-device / multi-platform testing, including testing and releasing apps through the App Store and Play Store beta and release process
- - Experience building SDKs / stand alone libraries is an asset
- - Startup experience is a plus
BS in computer science + practical experience